[wp-hackers] Allow Wordpress to use a Slave Database

Eric Marden wp at xentek.net
Sat Jun 7 01:10:08 GMT 2008

>> Once again, I wish MySQL was capable of bi-directional replication.
>
> Just need to make sure auto increment ID will not conflict with other
> node, then master-to-master replication is easy to setup, right now.

I've not been impressed with master-slave replication in MySQL, so go
for master-master if you have the chance. Evaluate the pros and cons
though, sometimes master with lots of slaves is ideal, but master-
master has more advantages in my situation.

Something to chew on:
http://www.mysqlperformanceblog.com/2007/04/06/master-master-or-master-with-many-slaves/

-e