[wp-hackers] Filter: rewrite_rules_array

Jason Webster jason at intraffic.net
Thu Jun 5 20:07:14 GMT 2008

Ok, thanks again for the help :)

There is one other thing I don't really understand...
Could you explain the precedence of the rewrite rules? I would image
that they would be ascending, so rules added last are checked first, but
that doesn't seem to be the case.

For example, while running your test plugin, it doesn't catch any of the
artist rules, it just assigns "artist" to the pagename query var.

So, what I am doing wrong? Is the permalink structure in the Settings
page overriding the rewrite rules? Because that's what it seems like.

Thanks in advance!