[wp-hackers] Slim WordPress by way of Google Ajax API?

howard chen howachen at gmail.com
Thu Jun 5 16:59:28 GMT 2008

On Fri, Jun 6, 2008 at 12:52 AM, Charles <lists07 at wiltgen.net> wrote:
> It's a great choice for many reasons, the most basic being that in this case
> Google is acting as a free CDN for the library, and as a CDN Google blows
> away any other option in terms of reliability, speed and capacity.

I don't want WP as a opensource project, to be particularly favoring
one vendor, no matter Google, Yahoo or blah.. Just my $0.02.

I don't think people who have their web server mind serving a little
bit more JS.

> In case you're using Google Analytics, then you're already letting Google
> host JS for your pages.  This is conceptually no different.

The point is you have choice, you know what you are doing, rather than
we do them anonymously.

Howard