[wp-hackers] Seeking feedback on Plugins UI

DD32 wordpress at dd32.id.au
Thu Jun 5 12:32:43 GMT 2008

On Thu, 05 Jun 2008 21:36:09 +1000, Doug Stewart <zamoose at gmail.com> wrote:

> I know it depends on api.wordpress.org n' whatnot, but I think  there
> /has/ to be some indicator, per-plugin, as to whether it's available
> from WP Extend or whether it's using something else.  The current
> situation is confusing and leads folks to think that EVERYTHING is
> being checked for updates, which unfortunately isn't true.
>
> So, I dunno if there's a way to integrate that information into your
> current layouts, DD32 and Ozh, but visual cueing on the subject would
> be most helpful.

Theres a ticket for that: http://trac.wordpress.org/ticket/5117
I'm not sure of what/how to go about it on that one, I've been steering
clear of that as no thoughts of what to do have come to mind.
If someone came up with a UI mockup, Then i'd have a go at implementing it
if they could not do it themselves.