[wp-hackers] Allow Wordpress to use a Slave Database

Otto otto at ottodestruct.com
Tue Jun 3 15:54:40 GMT 2008

On Tue, Jun 3, 2008 at 9:38 AM, howard chen <howachen at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Once again, I wish MySQL was capable of bi-directional replication.
>
> Just need to make sure auto increment ID will not conflict with other
> node, then master-to-master replication is easy to setup, right now.

Well, yeah, but then that's sort of the problem, isn't it? It works
fine if you don't mind dealing with setting auto_increment_increment
and auto_increment_offset everywhere and then dealing with big gaps in
your auto-increment table. Auto-increment columns are pretty much
everywhere, having them look all strange by using offsets and such
just strikes me as a strange and somewhat annoying way to go.

I grant that it's the simplest solution, and simple is always good,
but it somehow offends my sense of beauty. :)

-Otto