[wp-hackers] Allow Wordpress to use a Slave Database

Andy Skelton skeltoac at gmail.com
Tue Jun 3 14:04:48 GMT 2008

On Tue, Jun 3, 2008 at 5:51 AM, Colin Ogilvie
<wordpress at colinogilvie.co.uk> wrote:
> We have been looking at adding the option to use a slave database, and have
> attached an initial patch to http://trac.wordpress.org/ticket/7081 which we
> have submitted.

Have you tried HyperDB? It's what we use on WordPress.com to
distribute queries among slaves. It also detects write queries and
sends them to masters.

http://svn.wp-plugins.org/hyperdb/trunk/

HyperDB has fallen behind WPDB (e.g. it lacks the new prepare and
update methods) so it needs some attention but nothing terribly
difficult. I'm sure the maintainers would be happy to see a patch from
you.