[wp-hackers] Allow Wordpress to use a Slave Database

Otto otto at ottodestruct.com
Tue Jun 3 13:53:51 GMT 2008

I'm not sure that reducing the number of queries will help if he's
hitting the MySQL Connection limits (although, of course, super-cache
would certainly help).

I do like the idea of being able to optionally provide a different
connection for cases where you are going to execute select statements
only (reads, basically). But with WordPress, I'm not certain that it
would help a lot with regard to the number of connections. WordPress
does do some updates pretty much all the time, what with the options
table getting updates so often for some plugins and such.

Once again, I wish MySQL was capable of bi-directional replication.