[wp-hackers] load_plugin_textdomain()

Stephen Rider wp-hackers at striderweb.com
Tue Jul 29 12:56:05 GMT 2008

On Jul 28, 2008, at 9:51 PM, Jacob Santos wrote:

> It should be pointed out that users already have the power to check
> whether or not plugins and themes use deprecated code with WordPress
> 2.5+. All they have to do is add
>
> define('WP_DEBUG', true);
>
> to their wp-config.php file and they are done. If a plugin or theme
> uses deprecated functions, then an unfriendly message will appear
> telling the user that something is using a deprecated function. The
> usefulness of it ends there, but you could build a plugin, which
> goes down further and checks which file the deprecated function is
> being called in.

I tried that for the first time yesterday.  The problem is that
***without any plugins***, WP_DEBUG _still_ throws out two dozen
messages when I pull up a page.  So the "deprecated" notices are
buried in a lot of baggage.

That needs to change for WP_DEDBUG to be really useful

Stephen

--
Stephen Rider
<http://striderweb.com/>