[wp-hackers] WP_SITEURL and db update

Stefano Aglietti steagl4ml at gmail.com
Tue Jul 29 13:05:39 GMT 2008

On Tue, 29 Jul 2008 05:20:08 -0700, Viper007Bond
<viper at viper007bond.com> wrote:

>What does it matter what the value in the database is? You shouldn't be
>manually querying, so it won't affect you.

Would be usefull for end users that mess up with paths and url in the
admin panel, this solve the problem but if it force tha value would be
an easy alternative that editing DB using phpmyadmin.

>I use this exact feature so I can use a copy of a live site's database on my
>local test machine without editing the database. It works 100% perfectly
>fine even though the values in the database are "wrong".

I'm using this features for long time too for my llocals site ahta are
copy of online ones. My question is about the correctness of codex and
for really basic not geek users (this problem happens 3 4 times a
month on italian forum :) )

Email: steve at 40annibuttati.it steagl at people.it