[wp-hackers] "Outdated plugin" notice (was: load_plugin_textdomain() )

Otto otto at ottodestruct.com
Mon Jul 28 22:01:00 GMT 2008

On Mon, Jul 28, 2008 at 4:32 PM, Stephen Rider
<wp-hackers at striderweb.com> wrote:
> I think we need a narrow column in the plugins screen that can display
> icons, and the icons either have a mouseover "tiptext" and/or are clickabel
> to pop up a message window.  This could cover both this caution message, and
> the "not checked for updates" message (and whatever else comes up down the
> road.)
>
> (Or maybe put said icons in the "version" cell?  Better than a whole new
> column....)

I'd put it in front of the plugin name.

However, given the separation of plugins in 2.6 and 2.7-bleeding, I'd
prefer to simply create a new section at the top of the page: "Plugins
that need attention."

Move plugins that need updates, plugins not checked, plugins found to
use deprecated functions, etc, all up there.