[wp-hackers] Block comments for some IP

George Pearce george at pearcedev.com
Thu Jul 24 18:42:22 GMT 2008

If all it's doing is spamming, what's the point in allowing it onto your
site? As soon as whatever it is realises that it can't comment, it'll go and
(probably) not come back. Therefore, unblocking the IP for visiting and
trying to block it from commenting is a wasted endeavour.
If you really wanted to, you could probably have an if statement that checks
the users IP against a blacklist in the text file and just doesn't show the
comment form, but that'd mess with caching and such.

George Pearce
George at GPearce.co.uk
http://www.gpearce.co.uk
(+44)07854520988