[wp-hackers] Slow w/ Permalinks

David J. Bisset dbisset at dimensionmedia.com
Wed Jul 23 03:26:53 GMT 2008

Greetings.

I manually inserted 3000 pages into wp_posts (and associated data into
wp_postmeta) via mysql (because this was much faster than entering the
information via WP backend). The problem is that the website is taking
a *LONG* time pulling up the pages and I have determined it's only
slow when i activate my custom permalink:

/%category%/%postname%

So this is very slow:

www.samplesite.com/state/california/los-angeles/finalpage

When i revert to default permalinks, there's no problem:

http://www.samplesite.com/?p=1400

The big question is why. Did i miss something when i added the info (I
correctly inputted gui info for each item added)? Can anyone venture a
clue? It's been driving me out of my mind so much i'm willing to
compensate someone for their time if they can look and give me a
defining answer. Thanks.

--
David Bisset
Director of Web Development