[wp-hackers] New uploader from #5722 in [6659]

Lloyd Budd lloydomattic at gmail.com
Mon Jan 28 23:14:49 GMT 2008

On Jan 28, 2008 3:03 PM, Jennifer Hodgdon <yahgrp at poplarware.com> wrote:

> I thought WordPress was supposed to be based on open-source
> technologies. Can you even develop Flash without buying some Adobe
> software? I'm not sure about that, but it's definitely not open-source.

For better or worse, Flash is the ubiquitous web technology for
animation and interactivity.

As Rob suggests you can create Flash without using proprietary tools,
and good open source players. Though I don't even have flash installed
on this computer currently.

I appreciate you lodging your complaint, but I would be before
surprise if there is any reason to be concerned. Our anti-flash
compatriots will sure to tortue any developers that don't fix issues
in the non-flash experience.

Lets stay solution focused,
Lloyd