[wp-hackers] Improving Plugin (and Theme) metadata

Jennifer Hodgdon yahgrp at poplarware.com
Fri Jan 25 18:44:33 GMT 2008

Peter Westwood wrote:
> Jennifer Hodgdon wrote:
> | As long as the plugin puts in its own text domain name, why would
> | calling __() pollute the main catalog?
>
> The call to __($variable_name) in the WordPress code will end up with
> $variable_name in the catalogue AFAIK.

Yeah, we already established you can't use variable names. The plan
would be:

/*

(rest of header)
*/

$mydomain_desc = __("My great plugin that you need.", "mydomain" );

Again, how will that pollute anything?
     --Jennifer

--
Jennifer Hodgdon

Poplar ProductivityWare * www.poplarware.com
Web Databases/Scripts * Modeling/Analysis/Palm OS Software