[wp-hackers] $5,000 Plugin Bounty

Raanan Bar-Cohen raanan at bar-cohen.com
Fri Jan 25 18:10:13 GMT 2008

Just an FYI to plugin developers.

The Calais Application ( part of Reuters ) has a $5,000 bounty for a
WordPress plugin.

Details: http://opencalais.mashery.com/page/bountyprogram
----------------------------
Here's the basic concept: A highly configurable plugin for WordPress that
enriches a blog with several capabilities

    * Tag auto suggestion: Using the content of the blog entry the plugin
will provide a list of suggested semantic tags. For example, if the post
talks about company "a" buying company "b" the plugin would suggest
"Acquisition", "Company A" and "Company B" as potential tags
    * Semantic cloud: We all love tag clouds and we'd like to take it a step
further. The plugin should support the generation of a configurable semantic
tag cloud of entities and facts derived from the blog's content
    * GUID Incorporation: The Calais web service returns a Globally Unique
Identifier (GUID) for each document submitted. The plugin should modify the
RSS feed for the site to incorporate the GUID in a TBD location.