[wp-hackers] RSS dump of posts and comments (separate). How can I import?

Stephanie Booth bunnylists at gmail.com
Thu Jan 24 00:06:39 GMT 2008

Hi there,

a friend of mine has had to export her wordpress (wpmu I think) from
the host http://blog381.com/ -- seems the person running it had a
fight with some guy (old story, didn't get details) and then required
that all the hosted bloggers remove any comments by him or links to
his blog, or she'd wipe their blog.

My friend turned to me for help, and as you can see here
http://flickr.com/photos/bunny/2215594546/ export had been disabled (a
couple of days ago, I'm told). I tried calling the URL directly, but
the script was gone.

So, I did a "last chance" export, as described here:
http://flickr.com/photos/bunny/2215581776/

Result: I have an RSS dump of all posts; I have an RSS dump of all comments.

I can import the RSS dump of posts into a wordpress.org install, then
export it in WXR format, and import it into wordpress.com -- works
happily.

What about the comments?

Are there any plugins that would allow to import that RSS dump of comments?
Or a plugin/script that would splice/convert the two RSS dumps into one WXR?

Added bonus: I did an HTML scrape to pick up all the photos -- I guess
there isn't any better solution than re-uploading them all and
changing all the URLs by hand? She'd uploaded them to her blog, so
they're in the uploads directory of the scrape.

Thanks for any help or pointers.

Steph

--
May 16th: http://going-solo.net