[wp-hackers] Commenting on new admin screens?

Jennifer Hodgdon yahgrp at poplarware.com
Wed Jan 16 22:28:57 GMT 2008

I realize the new admin screens may still be in flux, but are we allowed
to file bugs on them yet, and/or comment on them? If so, do you want new
bugs filed, or is there a central bug in Trac that serves as a place to
comment on things? If not, when will it be OK to comment and file bugs?

I have a couple of comments on the new Post/Page Edit screen. For
instance, the new tag entry area needs to have the standard "display"
filters applied to displayed tag names -- displaying raw names from the
DB is not good for some plugin users, and it is done in both the pop-up
list and in the existing tags section below.

Also, I'm concerned about the way the edit screen is now set up. Any
plugin that previously added a section to the edit screen, to look like
a regular screen section using the pre-2.5 scheme, will not conform to
the new scheme and will not have an open/close box any more.  I like the
new scheme - much easier to code than the previous scheme - but the fact
that it is changing is going to mean that plugins will either have to
check versions and output accordingly, or be very WP-version-specific.
This will be a major pain for plugin developers.

And are there plans to put a Manage Tags section in, basically a clone
of Mangage Categories, but with Tags?

Ooops, I guess I made my comments, whether or not it is OK to comment
yet... would be glad to put them in the right place on Trac, if only I
knew where that was...

     --Jennifer