[wp-hackers] 'stripslashes(attribute_escape(' ?

Andre SC andre at pixelplexus.co.za
Sun Jan 13 17:06:53 GMT 2008

For a plugin that needs to cope with chinese names and characters I'm using:

 `htmlentities(trim($value), ENT_QUOTES, "UTF-8"); `

(for data fields that might also end up being post titles).

When the data is being parroted back at the user via a form, is there
any reason not to do something like :

`stripslashes(attribute_escape($value))`

(I figure attribute_escape being native to the WordPress platform might
deserve to be respected/retained but I don't want to show escaped
'quotes' e.g. `\'` as its a critical part of many chinese names)

I seem to be blocked from the forum agin/still, so hope someone here can
help me please.

Thanx

André SC