[wp-hackers] Character Encoding Hell (and filtering /n to <p>)

Andre SC andre at pixelplexus.co.za
Tue Jan 8 16:43:50 GMT 2008

Dunno if this will help. I've had reports of similar issues with
aStickyPostOrderER from a user using it on a Hebrew language blog where
category names would turn up with those evilly acusing question marks.

The user the then reported that he'd fixed it by adding:
`mysql_query(”SET NAMES ‘utf8′”);`
before every original mysql_query call.

I've not had a chance to look at it yet, perhaps someone more clued up
can enlighten us on what's the cause and best practices etc...?

AndrÉ SC

http://pixelplexus.co.za/blog/2007/11/20/plugin-to-change-wordpress-post-order/#comment-42877