[wp-hackers] Cut Off Point for adding Documentation and enhancements to 2.4

Ryan Boren ryan at boren.nu
Wed Jan 2 16:47:47 GMT 2008

On Jan 2, 2008 12:02 AM, Jacob <wordpress at santosj.name> wrote:
> I plan on working on the documentation up to the day the next semester
> starts again, which is the 14th or 15th. I would like to finish 3 or 4
> files as well as some old files I've been sitting on, which should be
> done by the end of this weekend. However, I would like to know what
> would be the cut off point for adding new documentation and enhancements
> that will be able to get into 2.4.

Since these are non-functional source lines, I'm fine with adding them
until pretty late.

Also, today's IRC dev meetup will address the release cycle.  The
holidays really slowed us down.  So, you might have some extra time.

> On the topic of Documentation, I would like to create a ticket just for
> fixing documentation errors that wouldn't justify opening a completed
> ticket just to fix a character or line here and there. I think it should
> encompass all files, instead of just individual ones. I can have a patch
> that correct some documentation in functions.php and plugins.php. Its
> been driving me crazy thinking about it, but I can't justify reopening
> the same ticket. I would propose that the ticket stay open for future
> documentation fixes and referenced from the inline documentation codex
> page. If such a ticket were created, would it be closed as invalid or
> won't fix and kept open?

I'd consider having one such ticket per release since trac doesn't do
the multi-milestone thing.  I'm cool with either way, but some of the
trac gardeners might prefer new tickets per incident.

> I also have some tickets I've shown some love towards that I would like
> to get in to 2.4. Well, actually just one, the other one isn't ready.

Add a comment to bump them to the top, and I'll take a look.

Ryan