[wp-hackers] Re: 2.5 admin menu thoughts

Mr. Awesome theone.andonly.mr.awesome at gmail.com
Fri Feb 29 04:30:05 GMT 2008

Computer Guru wrote:
> Two more things:
>
> 1) You can no longer see the full comment on edit-comments.php - this
> can be a real PITA.
> 2) You cannot access the actual post from the "manage posts" page -
> you can only access the link to edit them.

Speaking of the Comment and Manage posts pages...

How about removing the Comment link under the main top navigation menu now?
http://spencerp.net/images/commentpageproposal.png

The comment landing page could be accessed via the main Comment button
tab in main navigation menu, OR, the "All Comments" little link right
above the comment section itself...

As for the Manage Posts page, it's pushing towards right side of screen
again. Perhaps reducing the padding-right / padding-left on the Author
column, or Date column would help that... I'm not sure what else could
help prevent that from happening.
http://spencerp.net/images/managepostpagepushing.png

In other News, the Media Library scroll effect is happening again. This
seemed to be fixed just the other day, but it's back again...
http://spencerp.net/images/medialibscrollagain.png

And last but not least, what's to be expected about older styling such
as plugins or what-not. I know with the new admin design, older styling
will have to be accounted for then. So, is there maybe a way to account
for it in the CSS file perhaps? Well, until plugins and such are updated
to the new admin redesign or whatever?
http://spencerp.net/images/pluginborders.png

I noticed this article was written up:
http://weblogtoolscollection.com/archives/2008/02/26/wp-25-plugin-style-guide/

But is there maybe a way to help "correct/fix" those plugins, that don't
really have much styling from the start? Perhaps a style "adjustment"
for ones that really just have borders or whatever?