[wp-hackers] Re: 2.5 admin menu thoughts

Jennifer Hodgdon yahgrp at poplarware.com
Thu Feb 28 16:59:48 GMT 2008

Computer Guru wrote:
> 2) You cannot access the actual post from the "manage posts" page -
> you can only access the link to edit them.

As of a few days back, actually I think you can view the posts from
that page. As of the last revision I tested, the post dates were links
to view the posts, and the post titles were links to edit the posts.
At least, that's my memory, and it may have been changed since then;
don't have time to check at the moment.

It's not good UI design, in my opinion (there is no obvious way to
tell what will happen if you click the links, and the column titles
don't illuminate the situation). A simple link title that would appear
when you hover would help; better yet have separate links as it used
to, explicitly saying "View" and "Edit". My 2 cents...

     --Jennifer

--
Jennifer Hodgdon * Poplar ProductivityWare
www.poplarware.com

Drupal/WordPress Sites, Themes, Modules/Plugins
Custom Web Programming, Web Databases
Modeling/Analysis/Palm OS Software