[wp-hackers] Google Summer of Code 2008

Dan Larkin nitephire at gmail.com
Tue Feb 26 17:33:25 GMT 2008

I'd love to get in on GSoC as a student.  If I had the credentials to be a
mentor I'd jump on it, but unfortunately I'm not really qualified for that.
In any case, there is a project that I'd like to see accomplished, whether
as GSoC or simply as a wonderful part of WP in general.  That is some sort
of code flow documentation.  Inline documentation is great, and it helps a
ridiculous amount, but for those trying to get into WP hacking, the idea can
be daunting.  I've only been hacking around WP casually for a couple months
and the greatest obstacle I've faced is figuring out which parts of code
call which other parts.  It's not necessarily that it's hard to do, but it's
very time consuming.  An all-in-one code flow doc, whether it be an HTML
handbook or a wiki, would be really helpful, especially to beginning WP
hackers.  Just throwing it out there as an idea.

:: Dan Larkin