[wp-hackers] Re: 2.5 admin menu thoughts

Liz Danzico liz at bobulate.com
Sun Feb 24 23:59:59 GMT 2008

> We need to make a HIG decision first.  Right now all of our dialogs
> have the primary right-most.  We need to decide if we want to change
> that and if dialog button order rules should be the same as button
> order rules in other places.  Bulk operation buttons, for example, try
> to put the most used left-most, nearest the checkboxes.

The user interface guidelines, at least at this point, have the
primary buttons left-aligned under the fields they refer to so users
have the clearest path to their primary action. This is chiefly based
on the extensive user research that Luke W's done on button alignment
with field labels.

http://www.lukew.com/resources/articles/PSactions.asp

And so: http://bobulate.com/wpig/wiki/index.php?title=Buttons

(But this doesn't answer the question about the Dashboard—a different
case altogether. This just for reference...)

Liz

..
Liz Danzico : www.bobulate.com