[wp-hackers] Lack of focus rectangles on links in the WP admin

Jeremy Visser jeremy.visser at gmail.com
Sat Feb 23 01:41:52 GMT 2008

I'm concerned about the fact that when a link in the new WP admin is
focused (e.g. selected by the Tab key), it has no selection rectangle
around it.

If I were trying to navigate around my WP admin with my keyboard (I was
using a computer with a mouse that was not working on Friday, so I
wouldn't have been able to use WordPress if I wanted to then), I
wouldn't have been able to, because I wouldn't have been able to see
which link I had focused with the Tab key.

I agree that the rectangles are ugly, but accessibility > appearance.
Please remove the "outline: none;" code from the CSS.

What I did for the Install4Free style was not removing the dotted
outline rectangles, but making them a prettier solid grey instead.
<http://install4free.wordpress.net/>

We could possibly have a red outline (same colour as the link hover
colour) when focused instead of the ugly dotted rectangle.

--
Jeremy Visser                                 http://jeremy.visser.name/

()                           ascii ribbon campaign — against HTML e-mail
/\                                               http://asciiribbon.org/