[wp-hackers] Turn off blog/ Pure CMS?

Alex Cragg alex at mysoutham.com
Thu Feb 21 12:18:11 GMT 2008

Just in relation to this quote:

"Well, you could always hack the global $menu and remove the Write Post
and Manage Posts pages from the admin. Of course, it's a little more
complicated than that, but it could be done.

Unless, of course, you're intending to strip the blogging functionality
out of WordPress entirely. Eek. I wouldn't attempt that if you paid me."

A quick search brings up over 100 references to post-new.php and edit.php, so this would be a mammoth task!

Another way top look at this would perhaps be a user level issue, so remove the post write/edit capabilities, but in that case why not just ignore, unless we want to prevent people from accidentally making posts. Still though, themes would have to be adapted.

Alex