[wp-hackers] Plugin Directory Listing Title Changed to Plugin Name

Michael D Adams mikea at turbonet.com
Wed Feb 20 06:37:35 GMT 2008

On Feb 19, 2008, at 9:50 PM, Ronald Heft wrote:

> For some reason, my plugin Google Analyticator's WordPress.org
> listing title
> recently changed to Plugin Name. I can't figure out why that would
> happen as
> all my files have the correct name. I also thought the name was
> controlled
> by however added the plugin to the database, so I didn't think I had
> control
> of it. Can anyone help me figure out why my listing says Plugin Name?
> Thanks.
> http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/google-analyticator/

You do have control:
http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/about/faq/
(second to last question)

http://svn.wp-plugins.org/google-analyticator/trunk/readme.txt  - the
top line says "Plugin Name".

Don't feel bad, that's a really common mistake :)   So common that
WordPress Plugins Directory should have caught and corrected it for
you.  That explains why it corrected itself eventually, but not why it
ever showed as "Plugin Name" to begin with.

Must be a bug somewhere...

Mike