[wp-hackers] New add_meta_box function

Jennifer Hodgdon yahgrp at poplarware.com
Tue Feb 19 19:26:50 GMT 2008

Stephen Rider wrote:
> Maybe just check for version #?

Yes, I know that is possible, and I agree it is very very kludgy; much
better practice to use function_exists in my opinion.

The reason that I asked was that Ryan et al, who removed the
dbx_page_advanced action, suggested this method (checking for the
add_meta_box function's existence), so I was hoping they'd weigh in on
whether they planned to include the function early enough so that
would work, or if they had a different suggestion, or if we needed to
move this one action into the init function, or what. I haven't tested
in init, by the way, to verify the function is defined then...

     --Jennifer

--
Jennifer Hodgdon * Poplar ProductivityWare
www.poplarware.com

Drupal/WordPress Sites, Themes, Modules/Plugins
Custom Web Programming, Web Databases
Modeling/Analysis/Palm OS Software