[wp-hackers] 2.5 admin menu thoughts

Andy Skelton skeltoac at gmail.com
Tue Feb 19 17:20:52 GMT 2008

On Feb 19, 2008 11:07 AM, Aaron Huran <admin at anthologyoi.com> wrote:
> >I can vouch that my drop-down admin menu plugin - for all it's faults
> >- is far and away the most appreciated and I bet Ozh can say the same
> >thing.
>
> I concur. It is one of two or three plugins that go into every
> WordPress install -- and the others are my own.

Good! Great! I'm really happy to hear that you guys have that plugin.
Now would you please take steps to convince Liz and Matt that there is
a better way to arrange the menus than the one that is slated to be
released very very soon?

Excuse my insistence. I dislike the admin structure as much as you do
but I'm working on other aspects of core for 2.5. At this late date,
there isn't anyone to code your ideas. You will have to pick up the
ball and write some code. Please!

And a suggestion: separate the problem of scattered top-level nav from
the problem of multiple page loads. They may be solved with one stroke
of brilliance but it's more realistic to go after them separately.

Also keep in mind that submenus can still be added to Dashboard, an
effect which was not considered by the designers.

I hope I don't read any more bright ideas that will be wasted because
they didn't come with mockups, screenshots, or code.

Cheers,
Andy