[wp-hackers] Unique Stubs

Viper007Bond viper at viper007bond.com
Thu Feb 7 03:52:05 GMT 2008

I run full date based permalinks, like this:
http://example.com/2008/02/06/hello-world/

For the longest time, WordPress would stick like a "-2" onto the end of the
stub if I tried to use "hello-world" again. Singular (
http://jamietalbot.com/wp-hacks/singular/ ) fixed this issue.

However, IIRC, didn't we at some point change this so that it would only do
it if there was an actual URL collision? i.e. it was changed to allow this:

Post #1: http://example.com/2008/02/05/hello-world/
Post #2: http://example.com/2008/02/06/hello-world/

It doesn't do it now though. Am I remembering incorrectly and it's added
prefixes this whole time or was the change broken / purposely put back? I'd

Viper007Bond | http://www.viper007bond.com/ | http://www.finalgear.com/