[wp-hackers] Stop activation request

DD32 wordpress at dd32.id.au
Thu Feb 7 02:38:02 GMT 2008

I cant find my previous posting on it..

But, As of 2.4/2.5 at least its easier to deactivate a plugin.
http://trac.wordpress.org/ticket/5210

Simply register a activation hook:
register_activation_hook(__FILE__, 'plugin_Activation_hook_here');

function plugin_Activation_hook_here(){

if( <Check if other plugin is installed> || <Check PHP extension required is installed> ){
return; //Return, let the plugin activate.
} else {
//A requirement isnt met!
deactivate_plugins(__FILE__); //Deactivate ourself
wp_die("ERROR! You have not met a requirement of this plugin"); //add a more descriptive message of course.
}

}//end function

In 2.3 you need to do some array funky-ness to remove the plugins file from the active_plugins option array as the deactvate_plugins() function doesnt exist.