[wp-hackers] Codex function page proposal

Jennifer Hodgdon yahgrp at poplarware.com
Sat Dec 27 22:39:23 GMT 2008

You might want to post this to the Doc list too (so I've cc'd that list).

I personally like your new style better than the current style. It
annoys me all the time to have to scroll to the bottom to find the
argument list, the way some of the current pages have been organized.

But if you are planning on using this for the functions known as
"Template Tags", you will need to get some feedback from less
technically-oriented viewers than the typical person on the Hackers
list. I think the way those pages are organized (with examples first and
the args way at the bottom) was chosen to avoid intimidating themers who
are just trying to do a little more with their themes but might not be
PHP or programming experts.

So what I am trying to say is I think your style idea is great for a
programmer. :)   But we need to make sure to accomodate other audiences
for "template tag" functions.

Regards,
    Jennifer