[wp-hackers] Best Practices for Caching Plugin WidgetOutput?

Mike Schinkel mikeschinkel at gmail.com
Wed Dec 24 11:40:25 GMT 2008

>> The idea behind using md5 is if your widget accepts a lot of config
options you just md5 the string containing all the options and let that
handle the matching for you.

Ah cool, that makes lots of sense. Thanks.

BTW, I had a tough time finding an example that dealt with my simple version
and finally had to just brute force to figure it out. :-)

>> edit_post, save_post, wp_insert_post are all hooks that are fired on post
updates and inserts.

Thanks!

Just as an aside I wanted to say that over the years I've participated on
lots of forums and in lots of email lists and I've got to say that the
people on this list are by and large the most helpful and most respectful of
any developer list or forum that I can remember. That very fact means that
being a WordPress plugin developer is oh-so-much-more pleasant than being a
developer on any of a myriad of other projects.

JMTCW anyway. :-)

-Mike Schinkel