[wp-hackers] Re: wp-hackers Digest, Vol 47, Issue 68

Vladimir Prelovac vprelovac at gmail.com
Tue Dec 23 11:34:18 GMT 2008

Actually with PHP Speedy javascripts and styles do not need to be
declared using WP API, only condition for combining is that they are
placed on the same domain.

I have successfully implemented PHP speedy on my blog (prelovac.com) and
the biggest problems I had to overcome were:
- php speedy does not pick up normal javascript code (not referenced in
external files) so problem arises with some plugins when the external
javascript is combined and moved before this code. I solved this by
modifying PHP Speedy to reference combined javascript at the end of the page
- php speedy is not compatible with wp super cache out of box so I had
to modify it

With these two changes you get extremly responsive website and in my
case a main page with only 8 http requests.