[wp-hackers] Known when on Comment page x?

Stephen Rider wp-hackers at striderweb.com
Mon Dec 15 19:35:07 GMT 2008

No it isn't, but it certainly matters to some.

I was thinking in terms of using a GET to show different comment pages:

example.com/2008/mypost/?commentpage=2

Drawbacks to that as well, I'm sure, but I'm don't see them.

Wouldn't hurt end-user usability, unless you suspect many readers are
directly typing in URLs to particular comment pages.

I've been using the "paged comments" plugin on my blog for a while
now, which uses similar URLs to those produced by the new WP comment
paging, and one thing I noticed was that it made my stats all wonky
because hits on popular posts were being spread out among several
comment-page URLs.  The more comment pages, the farther **down** in
the stats!

Dan's suggestion of nofollow-ing the comment-page URLs is a good one,
but only a partial fix.