[wp-hackers] Permalink problems

RePost repost_08 at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 14 08:52:15 GMT 2008

Harish Narayanan wrote:
> I would suggest you pick a human-readable URL style that you will never
> change in the future. As useful as /?p= style links are, human beings
> will probably never use them, so in essence even your 'friendly URL'
> style is frozen. Choose wisely and keep it fixed.

Lots of helpful information there. I've used your method to correct a
lot of the bad urls, so the site's looking a bit better.

On this one highlighted point, my question would be, is it OK --
Googlewise -- to use the default (/?p=) style for internal links,
knowing that they will be forwarded to the friendly urls by the 301
redirect in my .htaccess file?

Or am I creating a redundancy problem for Google by allowing friendly
url Permalinks while I continue to point to those default urls?