[wp-hackers] Re: Removal Of Over 200 Themes?

Doug Stewart zamoose at gmail.com
Sat Dec 13 14:33:11 GMT 2008

I'm reminded (not so subtly) of the current roiling turmoil in the US (and
world) financial markets.  Much of the chaos can in fact be attributed to
the US gov't not taking a clear stance on the actions they were prepared to
take nor how they even viewed the situation.  The more the uncertainty, the
greater potential risks for investors and thus the likelier for mass
withdrawal from the marketplace into "safer" vehicles.  The longer WP.org
staff, Automattic, et al. allow these sorts of issues to fester, the longer
the WordPress theme/plugin "markets" will be riven with sniping, speculation
and far-outsized commentary.
So Matt, Lloyd, etc. -- a few soothing or explanatory words, early-deployed,
would go a long way towards preventing this sort of hyperventilation in the
future while a statement in re: commercially-sponsored GPL'd themes would
tamp the current situation down right well.

Just my (2 Euro/100) * (Current EUR-USD exchange rate).

--
-Doug