[wp-hackers] Possible to deactivate Dashboard-Widgets?

DD32 wordpress at dd32.id.au
Sat Dec 13 03:48:48 GMT 2008

If you'd just like to remove it for yourself, You can deselect it in the
"Screen Options" tab at the top of the Dashboard.

If you want to remove it entirely, I'm pretty sure remove_meta_box() should
work, It might be you're passing it the wrong args, add_meta_box() works for
the dashboard i'm pretty sure.. so i dont see why remove_meta_box() wouldnt.