[wp-hackers] Re: Removal Of Over 200 Themes?

Ryan McCue ryanmccue at cubegames.net
Sat Dec 13 02:04:22 GMT 2008

http://planetgerman.blogspot.com/2006/12/gpl-derivatives.html

> Why is a theme considered a derivative work of WordPress, if it is
> released separately, but dependent on WordPress?
Due to the fact that it uses WordPress code (i.e. function calls), it is
considered to be a derivative under some people's understanding. The
debate of whether simply making a call to a function makes it a
derivative is what this topic appears to have moved to, however, as Otto
noted, until this is tested in court, we have no way of knowing for sure.

--
Ryan McCue
<http://cubegames.net/>