[wp-hackers] Re: Removal Of Over 200 Themes?

Jeremy Visser jeremy.visser at gmail.com
Fri Dec 12 19:20:48 GMT 2008

On Fri, 2008-12-12 at 13:07 -0600, Otto wrote:
> Not everybody agrees with me on this, however a) they're wrong and b)
> the only people who could legally prevent anybody from doing it is the
> copyright holders of WordPress itself. And Matt et al have been
> noticeably silent on the issue in the past.

Slightly off-topic, but a little aside

The most awesome part of the WordPress copyright situation: that the
copyright holders are us -- each and every one of us that has
contributed code to WordPress. If Matt grew two horns and wanted to make
WordPress proprietary, he would have to get written permission from
every single person who has ever contributed code _ever_ to WordPress.
(Good luck with that. :-D)