[wp-hackers] 'Password Protected' - bug or feature?

Matt Martz matt at sivel.net
Tue Dec 9 13:41:16 GMT 2008

On Tue, Dec 9, 2008 at 6:06 AM, Shashi <connect2shashi at gmail.com> wrote:
> I think so too...
>
> On Tue, Dec 9, 2008 at 4:07 PM, Rich Pedley <elflop at googlemail.com> wrote:
>> Just had this problem from a user. They apparently entered a space
>> into the password field, but hadn't realised they had done so. They
>> couldn't then figure out why their post came up as password protected.
>>
>> Shouldn't it be 'trimmed'  to remove spaces?

I am not sure if it should.  People are starting to be trained to use
pass phrases instead of pass words.  Pass phrases could include
spaces, and I have indeed seen users place spaces before and after
because they think it makes it harder to guess.  Perhaps adding a
password length counter would be beneficial so that you could see the
total number of characters entered.

--
Matt Martz
matt at sivel.net