[wp-hackers] Slow loading WordPress (Hack solution)

Shashi connect2shashi at gmail.com
Sat Dec 6 08:30:33 GMT 2008

Nice solution for a good problem... WordPress is not slow by
itself.... It is your mysql server which might be slow if at all your
WP site is slow, Watch out for some memory hogging plugins... Check
performance by desabling plugins one by one and in combination.. You
may find it working.

On Sat, Dec 6, 2008 at 11:44 AM, Jacob Santos <wordpress at santosj.name> wrote:
> Idled Soul wrote:
>>
>> Would be even better if WP just stuck on the same core code itself, and
>> didn't overload itself with so much extra stuff. The old XXXKB download was
>> awesome... now it's what, XXMB ? And it's only gotten more slow in general
>> for load times. >__< Can't win for losing I guess..
>
> There is something to be said about using crontab or server cron instead of
> wp-cron itself.
>
> As for the IP solution. It was already tried, but it broke too many wp-crons
> on other servers. The decision was made that those who require IP are just
> SOL. There was going to be a filter or something, but no matter. Your code
> also doesn't use the HTTP API.
>
> Jacob Santos

    ,               ,
        ):    : (