[wp-hackers] Slow loading WordPress (Problem found)

Jacob Santos wordpress at santosj.name
Tue Dec 2 05:28:53 GMT 2008

Ah, that is a slightly different than what you described. Yes, the HTTP
API does have a little issue where fsockopen will ignore the timeout in
some environments (I think Windows). Also, quite a few people had issues
with localhost or whatever. If fsockopen fails to conform to the
timeout, then it will disable the fsockopen transport for 12 hours.
Should just completely disable it, but it might just be a temporary issue.

Jacob Santos