[wp-hackers] Slow loading WordPress

Peter van der Does peter at avirtualhome.com
Tue Dec 2 02:48:15 GMT 2008

I have friend who has a site that is extremely slow in loading, we
tried WordPress 2.3.x 2.5.1, 2.6.5. The original site ran 2.3.1 when it
became slow. The site ran fine for 3 weeks and became slow after writing
a post, nothing out of the ordinary, same ole article as any other.
Deleting the post didn't help. The site had about 60 posts.

What is slow, you ask, how about 20 secs to load index.php according to
Firebug, no plugins, default theme. Here's the weird thing, the plugin
wp-spamfree loads a file called wpsf-js.php. This file also takes 20
secs to loads.

On the site is also phpBB installed and there are no speed problems
with it, neither with a php file that was uploaded to show the
phpinfo().

Does anybody have any clue what to look for?

Things we have done so far but didn't help
1. Optimized tables.
2. Dropped all tables and imported them again.
3. Upgraded to 2.6.5

The site: http://1vibe.net
forum: http://1vibe.net/forum

--
Peter van der Does

GPG key: E77E8E98

WordPress Plugin Developer
http://blog.avirtualhome.com

GetDeb Package Builder/GetDeb Site Coder
http://www.getdeb.net - Software you want for Ubuntu