[wp-hackers] Idea: Drag-and-Drop WordPress Admin Design (with a functional example)

Kaspars Dambis kaspars at konstruktors.com
Wed Aug 27 20:16:25 GMT 2008

Ryan,

Yea, I did have a look at every page of the dashboard (trunk, 2 days
ago), and I really like the way Write page looks and functions. However,
my complain is over the vertical left side navigation bar (more at
http://konstruktors.com/blog/wordpress/505-first-impressions-of-wordpress-27/).

There are many reasons for that -- mainly the scrolling and the extra
clicks for expanding and collapsing the menu items before actually
getting to the necessary link, when compared to a drop-down menu.

Do you know the reasoning behind this UI move (to a vertical nav bar)? I
know about the user testing in ny and the collaboration with HappyCog,
but having more information would definitely help to understand the
thought process that went into it.

Regards,
Kaspars