[wp-hackers] Re: permalinks redirected despite WP_SITEURL

Otto otto at ottodestruct.com
Mon Aug 25 20:38:55 GMT 2008

Argh!

function wp_get_attachment_url( $post_id = 0 ) {
	$post_id = (int) $post_id;
	if ( !$post =& get_post( $post_id ) )
		return false;

	$url = get_the_guid( $post->ID );

	if ( 'attachment' != $post->post_type || !$url )
		return false;

	return apply_filters( 'wp_get_attachment_url', $url, $post->ID );
}

Can anybody tell me why WordPress doing this stupid, stupid thing? The
GUID is NOT the right place to store the URL!