[wp-hackers] Batch-loading posts?

dragonfly at dragonflyeye.net dragonfly at dragonflyeye.net
Mon Aug 25 12:41:05 GMT 2008

Hey everybody!

Quick question I'm not getting answered in the forums: I'm creating a site
for a band that already has a ton of pictures, video and music on their old
site that they'd like to maintain.  In order for that content to be
available to place into posts or elsewhere, they're going to need them to
be associated with an attachment post, as I understand it (haven't really
played around with WP's CMS stuff).

So, what I've done is: I placed them all in /wp-content/uploads/2008/08.
Now, I need a way to create a batch file that will read all these files and
create posts to associate them with.  The trouble is that I'm finding that
creating a post in WP is a lot more complex than I'd thought.  There isn't
really a simple wp_create_post like there is a wp_create_user function.

Or am I wrong?  Can anyone point me in the right direction to get this ball
rolling?

'preciate the help!
DragonFlyEye