[wp-hackers] Spam plugin (was:Deprecated functions and files)

Matthias Vandermaesen matthias.vandermaesen at gmail.com
Mon Aug 25 10:38:50 GMT 2008

Hi,

I'm the developer behind WP Mollom. (
http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/wp-mollom/) It's a plugin that makes use
of the Mollom anti spam service (http://mollom.com) It uses their open,
public API to check comments and trackbacks.

Mollom uses clever text-analysis to block spam. If the service is 'unsure'
about the validity of a message, the commenter will get a auto generated
safe CAPTCHA message. The main idea behind Mollom is to put the moderation
queue out of the equation in order to relieve the site administrator of
loads of control work. To be honest, I was a bit sceptic, but since I've
been developing this plugin and got acquinted with the service, it has been
performing very strong on my own blog. They claim to block 99.7% of all spam
messages and it seems to live up to it's reputation.

So far, I've been developing this plugin since april. It's currently in
public beta (version 0.6.0) Maybe you should give it a try. I'm keen to
receive feedback!

Thanks,

Matthias Vandermaesen
--