[wp-hackers] Block auto formatting of post content?

Stephen Rider wp-hackers at striderweb.com
Wed Aug 20 19:05:10 GMT 2008

On Aug 20, 2008, at 1:54 PM, Abel Cheung wrote:

> Oh sorry, I mean the balanceTags() call, not wpautop(). balanceTags is
> forcefully called within the_content() for paged content. So to get
> paged content in vanilla form, there is only one valid solution:
> $post->post_content. And then reapply all other plugin filter calls.
> Bah.

Heh.  I hit "Send" as Abel's email arrived.

$post->post_content it is, then.

Dang, I was hoping I could keep other plugin filters going -- e.g. for
quicktags.

Is there a way to take a string and say "Take all the filters assigned
to the_content() and run it on $string" ?  (minus wpautop, 'natch)

I guess look up the list of filters on the_content, then loop through
and run them all on $string?

Stephen